Klimmek Furniture have built a great reputation over the years thanks to the quality of the bespoke furniture that they produce for both business and residential projects. Each piece of furniture they produce is individually designed and made in Dublin.
As experts in the field, Klimmek Furniture know the importance of having great dining furniture and the effect it can have on an entire room.
Whilst dining furniture at its core needs to be functional and serve a specific purpose there is no reason why it can’t do this but also be funky, trendy and have a design that is cutting edge at the same time.
Which Table is Best for Your Space?
The design of dining furniture is a process which is mathematically planned, and which follows strict ergonomic guidelines.
The type of table suited to your living space is a matter of personal choice but here are some thoughts to consider:
Dark timbers are gaining popularity this year. Though for formal dining, combinations of light and dark timber will be more of a trend in the future. Examples are walnut with sycamore inlay, or fumed oak with Zebrano detailing which work very well together.
- For smaller rooms a round table is both visually and practically a logical choice. It is possible to seat more people at a round table – fitting up to 10 at an 8-seater. This would be uncomfortable at a rectangular table where the corners and legs would need to be negotiated. Visually a round table with a pod base takes up less space, particularly important in apartment living. Leather chairs are always a good option but look for clean lines and colours that you will still love in five years’ time. Stackable seating is a great option as it allows for some extra matching chairs to be discreetly stored elsewhere.
- In a large formal dining room, a long table with a stunning base can really make a statement. Large dining chairs in matching timbers with a contrasting seat pad enhance the look of the room and rather than using carvers some clients are using tall armchairs to slightly soften the atmosphere.
Research Before You Buy
Dining tables and chairs are normally a large investment, whether buying off the shelf or commissioning furniture to precisely meet your needs. We recommend that you ask yourself the following three things before making any purchases:
- Will the furniture be used daily for family meals and homework or just for formal meals, dinner parties and special occasions?
- Is the table going to have to endure daily wear and tear? If this is the case, you need to ensure that it has a very hard-wearing finish and is easy to maintain, if however, it is for formal use only it can be more ornate.
- Are the chairs also going to have to endure the wear and tear? For chairs, will the family be climbing them a hundred times a day and will they have gang of under –tens crawling through them as they create forts and castles from them. If so, they need to be able to take the abuse, be light and easily cleaned. If, however, they are to be for formal use you can afford for the furniture to be perhaps more delicate and fragile with a more unique finish.
We strongly recommend that everyone asks themselves these questions and does a bit of research before you buy. By doing so, it could save you from making a costly mistake and ensure that you end up with furniture that you will use happily for years to come.