This is a full time position for a qualified and experienced maker
Applicants should send a CV to:
and need to be able to attend for interview in Dublin if requested.
• Formal training under an apprenticeship scheme or 3rd level program
• 5 years experience in fine furniture making
• Speak Fluent English
Our senior cabinetmakers are expected to work on their own initiative towards agreed deadlines, but also able to work in a team under instruction from the design team or a team leader, depending on what the particular project demands.
Most of the work will be carried out in our workshop in Rathcoole, but it will be a part of the job to go to sites outside the workshop to assist in the delivery, installation and fitting of completed pieces. The location of these will depend on the particular project and might possibly be overseas.
Term of contract:
• Basic Salary: € 45,000 gross (before tax and deductions)
• 40 hrs per week: Monday to Thursday: 8:00 to 17:00, Friday: 8:00 to 14:00
• 3 months’ probation with a full-time contract to be agreed depending on market conditions and the applicant’s competence.
The applicant needs to be able to demonstrate the following skill set:
• Ability to create cutting lists from general assembly drawings.
• Ability to grade and process raw materials such as solid boards of timber, sheet materials, Solid Surface materials and veneers.
• Familiar with traditional and modern jointing techniques and fittings.
• Comfortable around modern numerically controlled wood working machinery such as a speed sander and edge bander.
• Competent in the use of modern hand power tools.
• Comfortable with modern spray finishing techniques.
Of benefit but not essential would be:
• Experience in using and programming 4 axis CAD/CAM
• Full clean driving license
• Current Safe Pass and Manual Handling Certificate
• Occupational First Aid training
Our senior cabinetmakers are responsible for:
• The manufacture, finishing and delivery / installation of furniture and specialist joinery.
• Instruction of junior members of staff working as an assistant
• Work as part of a team in the completion of larger projects
• General workshop and machine maintenance
• Checking supplies of basic workshop consumables