Workshop Assistant Vacancy:
Klimmek Furniture is a craft based furniture company producing one-off and specialist furniture for private and corporate clients. We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Assistant.
Our workshop assistants work with senior makers, helping them complete, deliver and install projects
Most of the work will be carried out in our workshop in Rathcoole, but it will be a part of the job to go to sites outside the workshop for the delivery, installation and fitting of completed pieces. The location of these will depend on the particular project and may be overseas.
Term of contract:
Starting Salary: € 22,000 gross (before tax and deductions)
40 hrs per week: Monday to Thursday: 8:00 to 17:00, Friday: 8:00 to 14:00
3 months’ probation with a full-time contract to be agreed depending on market conditions and the applicant’s competence.
Potential Candidates should ideally be able to demonstrate the following
- Some experience working in the furniture industry,
- Speak fluent English
- Some 3rd level training under an apprenticeship scheme or Level 6 program would be ideal but not essential .
Applicants needs to be able to demonstrate the following skill set:
- Ability to work following specific instructions.
- Ability to communicateunderstanding of tasks and problems to other members of staff.
- Helping collect materials from suppliers,
- Unloading delivery vehicles,
- Helping wrap finished work and load for delivery,
- Work under instruction from senior makers,
- Perform workshop maintenance tasks,
- Help deliver and install finished pieces
Responsibilities will include but may not be restricted to:
Applicants should send a CV and need to be able to attend for interview in Dublin if selected.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €22,000.00 per year
Our safety protocols with regard to Covid 19 include: daily temperature checks, completion of a short questionnaire before arrival at work and wearing of masks during meetings, cooperative working or when on site.